Destiny 2 is a first-person action game
The evolution of its award-winning predecessor with an engaging and impactful new story and new beginnings for all new returning, casual and hardcore players. Embark on an epic adventure through the solar system in the highly anticipated sequel to the epic RPG shooter, Destiny, and discover a new arsenal of weapons and devastating new powers!
Mankind’s last safe city has been taken after an overwhelming invasion led by Lord Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped the Guardians and forced the survivors to flee the city. To defeat Ghaul and his Red Legion, you must traverse the solar system and reunite the scattered heroes and fight together to reclaim our home.
Four new, fantastic worlds to discover
- European Dead Zone – The largest environment yet in the Destiny series features a lush forest, an abandoned city, a subsurface cave system and a Red Legion military base to explore.
- Titan – One of Saturn’s moons where Commander Zavala is trying to regroup after Ghaul’s attack. There is no land on Titan. Instead, you’ll explore a series of Golden Age mining platforms surrounded by a huge ocean.
- Nessus – a strange and unstable asteroid completely transformed by the Vex, where Cayde-6 tries to act as the hero in a beautiful landscape of vertical walls, lush canyons and terrifying Vex caves.
- Io – A moon of Jupiter, to which Ikora Rey has moved in search of answers. Io is the last known planet the Traveler visited during the Golden Age and an almost sacred place to Warlocks, but is now occupied by our enemies.
Explore the new environments
- All-New Director – The menu that helps you in your quest for Adventures, Lost Sectors, new Public Events and more has been updated. Choose a landing zone, explore your surroundings, and jump seamlessly into other activities without going to Orbit.
- Adventures – Shorter missions with self-contained stories, where you can learn more about the Destiny 2 universe and the characters who live here.
- Lost Sectors – Scattered across the play areas are special ‘dungeons’ that you can discover with unique boss enemies defending loot boxes.
- Public Events – Unique, optional, dynamic events with up to nine other players that you can jump in with right away as you explore the world solo.
Action, adventure and gameplay activities for all types of players
- Story Mode – Play alone or with friends through the Story Campaign and experience the cinamatic storyline of Destiny 2, including Adventures, Patrols, Lost Sectors, Quests and Public Events.
- Cooperative Challenges – Team up with friends through cooperative challenges such as Strikes – three player missions – and the Raid – a challenging six player mission with challenging boss fights and unique rewards.
- The Crucible – Compete against other players in the Crucible in four-on-four matches across new modes and on new maps. Countdown is a new competitive mode in which players are divided into an Offense and a Defense team. The goal is to place a bomb in your opponent’s base and defend it until it explodes. Each round is worth one point and the first team with six points wins. To revive a teammate, you need to use a revive token. Working together as a team is a must in this mode.
- Clan Creation Feature – Clans are now fully integrated into Destiny 2 with official banners, the ability to invite others and a clan level system that allows each member to contribute to the progress of the clan.
- Guided Games – Guided Games is a new feature within Destiny 2 that brings together solo players and clan communities to play Destiny 2’s most challenging activities, including Raids, Trials and Nightfall Strikes. You can therefore look for other Guardians within the game to replenish your Fireteam.
Playstation 5 console specs
|CPU||The heart of the PS5 will be the processing power that it uses to create the experiences of the next generation. The PS5 is going to use AMD’s Zen 2 CPU technology that encompasses 8 cores and 16 threads here. (8x x86-64-AMD Ryzen Zen 2 cores)|
|GPU||AMD Radeon RDNA 2-based graphics engine with hardware acceleration for ray tracing. 36 compute units at a variable frequency up to 2.23 GHz (10.28 teraflops).|
|Memory interface||The amount of RAM in the PS5 is about what we expected, given modern PC comparisons, but it’s a lot of RAM for a video game console,16 GB GDDR6 / 256-bit and 448 GB/s bandwidth.|
|Storage||The PS5 will come with a SSD (Solid State Drive) which will improve load times dramatically. Custom 825 GB SSD, PCIe 4.0. I/O throughput is 5.5 GB/s (read), typical 8-9 GB/s (compressed). Optional external storage via USB SSD Drive, NVMe expansion bay.|
|Optical drive||The PS5 will include a disc drive, or it won’t. There are two models to choose from, standard or Digital Edition. Standard it comes with 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray optical drive.|
|Video||With the PS5, 4K will be the standard and comes with HDMI 2.1 (support for 4K 120 Hz TVs, 8K TVs, VRR).|
|Audio||Audio is a key feature to really push the next-gen experience with PS5 and Tempest 3D AudioTech.|
|Network||PS5 will ship with Wi-Fi 6 802.11 AX standard which is a big deal! WiFi 6 is a huge improvement and changes the whole game basically. WiFi 6 (802.11ax) has better latency and for gaming that is critical.|